Art architecture photography
Architectural (or facade) photography goes beside interior one no seldom. I mean that often client who ordered interior photos also needs a few images of his building. It’s not very complicate to make a proper lighting for getting beautiful and cozy photos of interior. But in architectural photography, no one can rule the light cardinally, so we have to adapt to a lot of different factors such as times of day, weather and even a season.
Probably, the first thought you have is that the best architecture photos can be done in bright summer midday. I can’t agree with it completely. First of all, sometimes, green lush tree crowns not help. Opposite: they hide the facade. Second: we do can get good images in other seasons.
But as for me, I prefer the evening time. Exactly in those couple of hours between sunset and deep dusk, the light is most beautiful and expressive. And if there’s a sky not absolutely clean and, at the same time, not completely cloudy, but shows a slowly floating average amount of clouds – it is in this case we can get the most picturesque architecture photos. The images I call the art architectural photography. And if you are looking exactly for that, I am exactly who you need. I take orders for architectural photography in Saint-Petersburg, Leningrad region and the closest abroad.
Who am I?
In January 2017, I got “Best of Houzz 2017” award in “Client service” nomination. Furthermore, I am the one of the recommended interior/architectural photographers on that web resource about house repair and design.
Who are my clients?
By the moment, I successfully completed the orders by such a customers as The State Russian Museum, “Mega” mall, “New Peterhof”, “Alegria” (“Solo” hotel chain) and “YouPiter” hotels, “The Big Stones” camping and many others.
My prices are really friendly considering the high quality of my photos and in the case of abroad trip contains road, living and food costs. As a result, for your money you will get the best quality art architecture photographs of your building in two options: in maximum resolution suitable for ad or big size photo printing and (for your request) in web using optimized size. The only my plea for you is to adjust for shooting time in case it’ll be necessary for me to get into the building. The reason is that for getting images as in my examples here we have to patiently catch the proper weather and times of day.
Advantages that you will get working with me:
1. My responsibility, professionalism and punctuality: I’m not only consider your wishes but also don’t miss the deadlines and never late. In addition, although I work quite fast I never sacrificing quality in favor of speed;
2. My artistic taste and innate sense of frame. It’s clear that the second feature is not my achievement but my lucky – I was born with it. But the first one has been improved by my many years of experience in art photography and my interest in painting;
3. In order to get such an impressive result, I always make the HDR-images. It takes more time comparing to standard photos but helps to show all the beauty of your building, surrounds and the sky at the same time.
If you want to know what exactly I do to make my architecture photos here is my algorithm in general:
1. Studying the map and/or amateur photos for understanding your building location nuances concerning the world sides, surrounding houses and decorating objects such as rivers, lakes, parks and so on;
2. Calculating the date (depending on weather) and the hour (depending on season) of shooting;
3. Photo process itself. I make quite a laborious and time-consuming photography in order to get the HDR-photos. It includes making several images with the different exposures for each foreshortening to get the maximum of details in shadows and highlights of building and the sky as well;
4. Photo editing. It consists of:
– a. alignment of verticals and horizon to get rid of any distortions like “falling house” or “sloping horizon”;
– b. elimination of small building defects like different color spots on the walls, scratches on the facing etc. – all the things that eye doesn’t notice in the space but that are evident on the photo;
– c. color correction including elimination of an unpleasant yellow or green tints of artificial light;
– d. combining of several images with the different exposures to get an HDR-photo; ;
– e. final art editing that means adding the most appropriate effect like sunset colors boosting or sunlight soft focus or something else;
5. Finally, saving the completed photos in two options: in the maximum resolution suitable for printing and in the size optimized for the web using.
Because I never sit idly by, connect with me beforehand, please. So we can appoint the shooting date and time. To do this, please contact me by e-mail email@example.com, or phone number +7-921-184-26-62, or contact form on my web site on the Contacts page.